The French Creek Council, Boy Scouts of America is currently seeking candidates for the position of District Executive in the Mercer County area. Successful candidates will help increase the council's financial resources, membership, programs, and serve the needs of our youth membership. Professional executives have the responsibility for working with volunteer committees and community leaders to identify, recruit, train, guide and inspire them to become involved in youth programs.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university or life experience
- United States citizenship or declared intention to become a U.S. citizen
- Must be age 21 or older
- People-oriented, having the ability to work well with adult volunteers, community and business leaders, and representatives of other organizations
- Believe in the BSA and subscribe to its principles and standards
- Be approved to receive a professional Scouting commission
- Willing to complete required State of Pennsylvania background clearances
The District Executive is an entry-level position that has responsibilities that are broad and varied. Duties include promoting, supervising, and working through adult volunteers including parents and community leaders. Different aspects of the position include:
- Sales. The executive is responsible through volunteers for extending Scout programs to schools, religious, civic, fraternal, educational, or other community-based organizations.
- Service. The professional staff provides quality service through timely communication, regular meetings, training events and activities.
- Fundraising. Working with volunteers, professionals recruit leadership for the Friends of Scouting and fundraising campaign efforts to meet the financial needs of the council.
- Administration. The District Executive administers the Scouting program in the assigned district service area.
- Public Relations. The District Executives must be a good role model and must recognize the importance of good working relationships with other professionals and with volunteers. Scouting depends on community support and acceptance. Professional leaders must have good communication skills and be able to tell Scouting's story to the public.
-Team Oriented. The successful candidate will work with members of a French Creek Council staff designed to improve Scouting programs across the entire 6 county area of the French Creek Council.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
The Boy Scouts of America offers a competitive starting salary, medical plan, 403(b), retirement matching program and the opportunity to have a rewarding career helping boys and girls grow up to be adults of character and significance.
- Must enjoy working with people from all levels of society ranging from CEOs to parents of youth members.
- Must be a self-starter with a strong work ethic and ability to multi-task.
- Must have reliable personal transportation.
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds.
- Able to work varied hours when necessary to achieve positive objectives. Must be able to work more than 40 hours per week if needed, including occasional evening and weekend events.
TO APPLY: Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or
French Creek Council BSA
1815 Robison Road West
Erie, PA 16509