Scouts and Scouters looking for an adventure of a lifetime need look no further. More than 1 million Scouts, Venturers, and leaders have experienced the adventure of Philmont since the first camping season in 1939. Throughout its existence, conscientious attention to low-impact camping techniques has helped maintain the Ranch's wilderness.
The area surrounding the Ranch is rich with history, from the Native Americans who made this arid land their home to the land barons of the 19th century. The town of Cimarron boasts a number of historical buildings.
The French Creek Council is organizing a Council Contingent to Philmont for the Summer of 2018. Our adventure begins a few days prior to our arrival at Philmont. The expedition at Philmont starts on June 25, 2018 right after lunch. The estimated cost is $2000 per person and a deposit of $100 secures your spot on this adventure. Space is limited so get your deposit in as soon as possible. For more information on this adventure, please contact Michael Cidor at 814-868-5571 or by email at email@example.com or contingent leader Greg Hartzell at 814-797-2866 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
French Creek Council
- Council News
- BSA 2017 Solar Eclipse patch
- On-Line Youth Applications
- Custaloga Town Scout Reservation Deer Creek Crossing
- Jamboree Shoulder Patches
- 2018 Council Philmont Contingent
- French Creek Council Restructure Announcement
- Eagle Scout Save The Date
- Scouting Works Join Today
- Lions, a pilot program for kindergarten boys
- Like to ride Motorcycles?
- PA Act 153 of 2014:
- Pinewood Derby Track Rental
- Silver Beaver Nomination Information
- BSA and United Way
- Scouts are more successful
- Venturing in French Creek Council
- Council Wants and Needs List
- Historic Trails
- About French Creek Council
- Media Center
- Online Charter Renewal