Washington Trail Council
The first charter in Erie was in 1915 with 77 Scouts and four troops. In 1928 the Council territory was expanded to all of Erie County and in 1936 the name was changed to Erie County Council which continued until 1944 when the name was changed to the Washington Trail Council
The Meadville Council was charactered in 1917 and became the Crawford County Council in 1923. It was added to the Erie Council in 1926.
The Grove City Council was chartered in 1922 and the Shenango Valley Council was chartered in 1923. They consolidated in 1927 to form the Mercer County Council. In 1969 the name was changed to the Custaloga Council. The city of Mercer at the time was chartered as a 2nd Class council (no Scout Executive, but run by a volunteer Scout Commissioner) in 1917. Orangeville, Ohio was added to the Shenango Valley Council in 1924 for the Trumbull County Council.
Colonel Drake Council
A charter was granted to Oil City Council in 1915. In 1922 it was changed to Venango County Council and in 1925 changed to Clarion and Venango Council. Forest County was added to the charter in 1928 and Titusville added in 1930. The name was changed again 1942 to the Colonel Drake Council.
French Creek Council
The French Creek Council #532 was chartered in 1972 by the consolidation of three councils - the Washington Trail Council in Erie, PA, the Custaloga Council in Sharon, PA and the Colonel Drake Council in Oil City, PA.
French Creek Council
- Council News
- Waldameer Scouts & Family Days
- Council Recognition Dinner
- Scouts Go To College Day
- Outdoor Leadership Training Courses
- Lions, a new pilot program for kindergarten boys, to begin this fall in the French Creek Council
- Like to ride Motorcycles?
- PA Act 153 of 2014:
- Jamboree 2017
- Wood Badge 2016
- Silver Beaver Nomination Information
- BSA and United Way
- Scouts are more successful
- Venturing in French Creek Council
- Council Wants and Needs List
- Historic Trails
- About French Creek Council
- Media Center
- Online Charter Renewal