The New Lions program supplies "Parent/Leader Guides" and the Lion T-shirt and Hat are available in the Scout Shop. Stop in to get your Lion Program ready for the Fall.
Lions, a new National accredited Boy Scouts of America program for kindergarten boys, will begin in the French Creek Council this fall.
Why go younger? Research shows that a child’s development accelerates at age 4 and 5 — about the time these youngsters begin their formal education in kindergarten. That’s also the time when families start looking for after-school activities for their children. While 5-year-olds could join a soccer team or karate studio, they couldn’t yet join Scouting.
That’s about to change in pilot councils across the country. Parents will welcome a program that introduces Scouting concepts and values to 5-year-olds in a fun, age-appropriate way.
The kindergarten-age boys themselves will enjoy exploring the world around them with friends. Lions promises to expand imaginations, spark creativity and amplify fun.
At the end of the Lion year, boys will graduate to Tiger and advance through Cub Scouting.
French Creek Council
- Council News
- Scouts BSA Maritime Adventure
- University of Scouting
- Recruitment Season
- Philmont 2019
- World Jamboree
- Camp Leader Update
- On-Line Youth Applications
- Jamboree Shoulder Patches
- Scouting Works Join Today
- Like to ride Motorcycles?
- Pennsylvania State Background checks for volunteers: PA Act 153 of 2014:
- Pinewood Derby Track Rental
- Silver Beaver Nomination Information
- BSA and United Way
- Scouts are more successful
- Council Needs and Wants List
- Historic Trails
- Media Center
- Online Charter Renewal