Congratulations to Advancement’s “Top 10 Percent”* Councils
Based on June 2013 Journey to Excellence data, spotlighted are the top 10% of BSA’s councils in Cub Scout and Boy Scout advancement rates. (Note: To be a Top 10% council in Cub Scouting required advancement of at least 76.4% of traditional registered Cub Scouts. The mark for Boy Scouts was advancement of 29.1% of traditional registered Boy Scouts and Varsity Scouts.) A special shout out to the following six councils that made both lists: Arbuckle Area, Monmouth, Colonial Virginia, French Creek, Mecklenburg County, and Central New Jersey.
*As of press time there were 283 councils in the BSA. The Top 10 Percent thus includes 28 councils.
- National News
- Annual Report to the Nation
- Online Charter Renewal
- Program Updates for 2015
- Leadership Policy Change
- New merit badge draws on youth’s sense of wonder about animation and design
- Michael Surbaugh to Serve as Next Chief Scout Executive for the Boy Scouts of America
- Merit Badge Counselor New Resource
- NESA Fellowship
- Dr. Robert Gates Named BSA's 35th President
- One Car One Difference
- National Learn