As many of you may already know the Deer Creek Crossing at the Custaloga Town Scout Reservation washed out over the holidays and the staff and volunteers have been trying to get things back open at camp for a few months. There are a lot of permits and regulations to complete and we are getting closer to a finalized plan.
Here is an update as of April 28, 2017.
A temporary bridge should be in place around May 1, 2017 thanks to ADM Welding in Warren that will bring in the temporary bridge, Doug Thomas of Thomas Construction that is supplying a large excavator to place the bridge and National Fuel for providing the temporary bridge.
More exciting news is that Range Resources, which operates two gas wells on the property, has agreed to match any financial and gift in kind donations made to the bridge fund from March 1 - September 1, 2017 up to $60,000. Summer camp for 2017 will not be effected by the crossing problems and after summer camp is complete we will start the constrcution of the permenant bridge.
We will continue to post updates on the crossing as things evolve.
We also want everyone to know that Erie Insurance has given us $10,000 towards the bridge. We were notified of this donation today (April 28)
We want to thank everyone that has donated already to the project and those that will donate in the coming weeks and months.
If you would like to make a donation we will gladly take donations directly to the French Creek Council, 1815 Robison Road West, Erie, PA 16509 or a donation can be made to our gofundme site by clicking here but they do charge fees.
We just want to keep everyone informed of the progress and the best way to keep up to date is check the French Creek Council Facebook page. Please be patient. Pictures of the flood damage can be seen on the French Creek Council Facebook page.
WE WILL HAVE SUMMER CAMP SO PLEASE DO NOT WORRY ABOUT THAT.
French Creek Council
- Council News
- Camp Leader Update
- Custaloga Town Celebrates 50 Years
- Professional Scouter wanted
- Celebrate Your Eagle
- On-Line Youth Applications
- Custaloga Town Scout Reservation Deer Creek Crossing
- Jamboree Shoulder Patches
- 2018 Council Philmont Contingent
- French Creek Council Restructure Announcement
- Eagle Scout Save The Date
- Scouting Works Join Today
- Lions, a pilot program for kindergarten boys
- Like to ride Motorcycles?
- PA Act 153 of 2014:
- Pinewood Derby Track Rental
- Silver Beaver Nomination Information
- BSA and United Way
- Scouts are more successful
- Venturing in French Creek Council
- Council Needs and Wants List
- Historic Trails
- About French Creek Council
- Media Center
- Online Charter Renewal