The Silver Beaver Award is the Council-level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America. Recipients of this award are registered adult leaders who have made an impact on the lives of youth through service given to the Council and their community. The Silver Beaver is an award given to those who implement the Scouting program and perform community service through hard work, self-sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service. It is given to those who do not actively seek it.
The French Creek Council holds its Annual Council Volunteer and Eagle Scout Recognition Dinner in the spring. This year we are recognizing the 90 members of the Eagle Scout Class of 2013 and our three Silver Beaver recipients Ann Artz, David J. Bodosky and Bonnie Hubauer. Please join us in recognizing these Scouts and volunteer Scouters on March 22, 2014 at the Meadville B.P.O Elks Lodge 219. Below is a reservation form for the dinner.
French Creek Council
- Council News
- Lions, a pilot program for kindergarten boys
- Scout Shop closed on Saturdays in summer
- Waldameer Scouts & Family Days
- Like to ride Motorcycles?
- PA Act 153 of 2014:
- Jamboree 2017
- Wood Badge 2016
- Silver Beaver Nomination Information
- BSA and United Way
- Scouts are more successful
- Venturing in French Creek Council
- Council Wants and Needs List
- Outdoor Leadership Training Courses
- Historic Trails
- About French Creek Council
- Media Center
- Online Charter Renewal