The Silver Beaver Award is the Council-level distinguished service award of the Boy Scouts of America. Recipients of this award are registered adult leaders who have made an impact on the lives of youth through service given to the Council and their community. The Silver Beaver is an award given to those who implement the Scouting program and perform community service through hard work, self-sacrifice, dedication, and many years of service. It is given to those who do not actively seek it.
The French Creek Council holds its Annual Council Volunteer and Eagle Scout Recognition Dinner in the spring. Nominations for the Silver Beaver recognition are due to the Scout Service Center no later than February 1 each year. The Council Advancement Committee assigns a special committee to review the nominations and recipients are selected from the nominations received by February 1. Below you will find the nomination form and information on the form must be as complete as possible.
French Creek Council
- Council News
- French Creek Council Restructure Announcement
- Eagle Scout Save The Date
- Scouting Works Join Today
- Lions, a pilot program for kindergarten boys
- Like to ride Motorcycles?
- PA Act 153 of 2014:
- Jamboree 2017
- Silver Beaver Nomination Information
- BSA and United Way
- Scouts are more successful
- Venturing in French Creek Council
- Council Wants and Needs List
- Pinewood Derby Track for Sale
- Historic Trails
- About French Creek Council
- Media Center
- Online Charter Renewal