A total solar eclipse is a rare event. A total solar eclipse whose path crosses right over the heart of the United States? Even rarer.
On Aug. 21, 2017, the solar system serves up a special treat. Aug. 21 is a Monday, but those Scouts and Venturers who are still on summer break should plan a big celebration. Like all the best celebrations, this one comes with its own patch.
There won’t be another total solar eclipse over the United States until 2024. After that, you must wait until 2045. In other words, when Aug. 21 arrives, make sure you’re ready. Pre-order your patches today.
French Creek Council
- Council News
- Scout Shop Christmas
- On-Line Youth Applications
- Custaloga Town Scout Reservation Deer Creek Crossing
- Jamboree Shoulder Patches
- 2018 Council Philmont Contingent
- French Creek Council Restructure Announcement
- Eagle Scout Save The Date
- Scouting Works Join Today
- Lions, a pilot program for kindergarten boys
- Like to ride Motorcycles?
- PA Act 153 of 2014:
- Pinewood Derby Track Rental
- Silver Beaver Nomination Information
- BSA and United Way
- Scouts are more successful
- Venturing in French Creek Council
- Council Wants and Needs List
- Historic Trails
- About French Creek Council
- Media Center
- Online Charter Renewal