New Adult Leader Position: Unit Religious Emblems Coordinator
The role of Unit Religious Emblems Coordinator (UREC) was approved by the BSA Religious Relationships Task Force late last year. Not surprisingly, a number of Scout units at all age levels already have such a person on their unit committee. This is further verification of the value of implementing the Unit Religious Emblems Coordinator.
The responsibilities for the UREC as adopted by the Religious Relationships Task Force are:
1. Serve as a member of the unit committee.
2. Acquaint all youth with the religious emblems program and the emblems available from their faith group.
3. Provide Scout families and the clergy with an orientation to the religious emblems program and encourage their involvement.
4. Urge all youth in the unit to earn the religious emblem(s) of their faith.
5. Disseminate information to the Scouts and Scouters about any district or council religious emblems activities, retreats, camps, etc.
6. Promote religious emblems usage like BSA promotes other youth advancement.
7. Coordinate the establishment of unit goals and track the number of religious emblems completed every year.
8. Serve as the unit’s liaison to the District Religious Emblems Coordinator.
The selection process for the UREC is the same as for other members of the unit committee.
For more information contact the Religious Emblems Advisor: Jared Magoon at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-868-5571