By completing Merit Badges, Scouts learn about the world, themselves, their relationships, and their responsibilities. Competent merit badge counselors are necessary to facilitate and guide scouts through this process.
To qualify as a merit badge counselor, you must
- Be at least 18 years old
- Be proficient in the merit badge subject by vocation, avocation, or special training/
- Be able to work with Scout age boys.
- Be registered with the Boy Scouts of America
As a merit badge counselor, I agree to
- Follow the requirements of the merit badge, making no deletions or additions, ensuring that the advancement standards are fair and uniform for all Scouts.
- Have a Scout and his buddy present at all instructional sessions
- Renew my registration annually if I plan to continue as a merit badge counselor.
If you would like to be a Merit Badge Counselor, you are required to submit the Merit Badge Counselor Application
- Prepare & Training