It is that time of year where we are beginning to collect nominations for the District Awards Dinner to be held on April 6, 2013. In the Washington Trail District we give out awards to volunteers for their work in the Unit, District and Community. We have awards for the "Cubber of the Year," "Scouter of the Year," and "Venturer of the Year." These awards are to recognize leaders at the district level for work within the unit they serve.
The District Award of Merit is also awarded at the District Awards Dinner.
The District Award of Merit is a council award presented by districts in the same manner that the Silver Beaver is a national award presented by councils.
The award is available to Scouters who render service of an outstanding nature at the district level.
The award is made available annually on the basis of 1 for each 25 traditional units or fraction thereof. The district need not present
all the awards to which it is entitled each year.
It is not appropriate to nominate a Scouter who has already received this award.
A professional Scouter or other council employee may not receive this award based on employment service. However, a professional
Scouter or employee who also serves as a volunteer Scouter may be eligible, based on volunteer service.
- A nominee must be a registered Scouter.
- A nominee must have rendered noteworthy service to youth in Scouting, outside Scouting, or both. Note: The nature and value of “noteworthy service to youth” may consist of a single plan or decisions that contributed vitally to the lives of large numbers of youth or it may have been given to a small group over an extended period of time.
- Consideration must be given to the nominee’s Scouting position and the corresponding opportunity to render outstanding service beyond the expectations of that Scouting position.
- The nominee’s attitude toward and cooperation with the district and/or council is to be taken into consideration.
- Nominations cannot be considered for posthumous awards.
If you would like to nominate someone for any of the awards please use the forms below.
Washington Trail District
- District News
- About the District