Gifts by Bequest
Create a lasting legacy that will have an impact on Scouting throughout Northwestern Pennsylvania for generations to come. Our council's endowment fund has been specifically designed to accept financial contributions that will be used to help provide a strong Scouting program for future generations of youth. Bequests in a will or trust are one of the most common ways of making a legacy gift.
Simple to Establish:
Include the French Creek Council in your will by adding a codicil to your existing document or naming the French Creek Council as a beneficiary in a new will. You can choose the bequest gift that works best for you, such as:
- Specific Bequest: Designates a specific dollar amount/asset.
- Percentage Bequest: Designates a percentage of your estate.
- Residuary Bequest: After all necessary costs and bequests to others have been satisfied, any remainder of your estate will be distributed to the French Creek Council.
- Contingent Bequest: Assumes you want to leave your entire estate to family and friends. However, if you outlive any beneficiary you can instruct that the French Creek Council receive that portion of your estate.
- Contact Steven Dunn, Scout Executive/CEO, at (814) 868-5571 or firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Seek the advice of your financial or legal advisor.
- Please use our legal name, address and Federal Tax ID when incorporating the French Creek Council into your estate plans.
Legal Name: French Creek Council Boy Scouts of America
Address: 1815 Robison Road West. Erie, PA 16509
Federal Tax ID: 25-0965265
Are you planning to or have you already named the French Creek Council as a beneficiary of your estate?